WRBIG is the most advanced control system for labelling machines with stepper motors. With the support of solid mechanics and an adequate motor, it can attain speeds of 100 metres per minute, and a frequency of over 1000 operations a minute. Manufactured using SMD technology, it is based on a 16/32-bit microprocessor that can manage up to 12 optically-shielded PNP or NPN inputs and 10 NPN Open Collector + 2 relay outputs.
WRBIG interfaces with the operator via a keypad and a backlit, alphanumeric LCD display with 2 rows of 20 characters. A maintenance menu allows the configuration of the machine and the set up of the 40 formats available, while a user menu allows ordinary adjustments during
In the basic version, the software installed makes it possible to set and manage the following functions:
• Operation with product speed set via the keypad, or via a detection encoder mechanically connected to the conveyor.
• Start delay, expressed in millimetres, to set the position of the label on the product.
• Predistribution to position the edge of the label on the peeler bar.
• Set-up of the start and stop ramps to start and stop the step motor.
• Counter display of the labelled products, with stop at the end of the set production run.
• Automatic recovery of the missing label when the value of the labels queue between the stop photocell and the peeler bar has been
• Management of end-of-roll and near-end-of-roll warning.
• Application of several labels on the same product with adjustment of the position of each label on the product.
• Entry of the mechanical ratios that determine the label supply, and the speed detection via the encoder.
• Management of printing time.
• Management of formats for the storage of a set of labelling parameters that depend on the product.
A special version has been developed for rotary labelling machines. This version will perfectly conform to the acceleration and deceleration ramps, with the possibility to stop any moment the rotary table, even during the labelling operation. It is also possible to associate the diameter of the bottle with the name of the product in order to adapt peripheral velocity to different diameters automatically.